MBT EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PLAN (EAP) - LIFEWORKS
Call LifeWorks - 877-207-8833 toll free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
Or visit www.lifeworks.com User ID: MBT Password: Performers
Our Employee Assistance program (EAP), managed by LifeWorks and available to all active MBT members, is designed to help you find the suport, advice and resources you need - no question is too small, no issue is too big.
Lifeworks can provide you with support, advice and information on a wide range of everyday issues including:
- Addiction and recovery
- Grief and loss
- Emotional well-being
- Parenting and child care
- Older adults
- Midlife and retirement
- Everyday issues
- Managing people
LifeWorks offers you:
- Free service to you and your family
- Confidential, personal support available in more than 140 languages
- English and French counsellors available through a toll-free number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Lifeworks Online - an informative web site that gives you direct access to required information and resources
- Abundance of resources and tools including booklets, recordings, and Life Articles
- Referrals to resources, services and support in your community
- A commitment to always be there when you have a question or need help.
To find out more about how LifeWorks can help, call to speak with a LifeWorks consultant any time at 877-207-8833, or visit the LifeWorks web site at:
www.lifeworks.com - enter User ID: MBT Password: Performers
GREEN SHIELD CANADA (GSC) - Extended Healthcare Services
GREAT-WEST LIFE (GWL) - Short and Long Term Disability
The Great-West Life Centre for Mental Health in the Workplace
Eligible Members and dependents in class levels 2 through 7 have coverage for the professional services offered by psychologists, registered social workers or registered clinical counsellors. The annual maximum is $500 for those members in class 2 through 5, and $800 for those members in classes 6 and 7. Please consult your benefit booklet for more detailed information regarding the coverage for professional services, or contact the MBT office at 604-689-0727 ext 2261 or 2231, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSC Change4Life online portal (available to members with an active GSC online member account):
- Wellness tools, including articles, learning modules, mood and stress trackers
- Mindfulness program
Eligible members have access to up to 52 weeks of short term disability benefits should they be unable to work due to illness or injury. Eligible members who are unable to return to work after 52 weeks may transition to the long term disability program.
Please contact the MBT office at 604-689-0727 ext 2261 or 2231 or via email at email@example.com for more information on the disability program, to inquire about your eligibility for benefits and to obtain claim forms.
The Great-West Life Centre for Mental Health in the Workplace (the Centre) was established in 2007 and has three main objectives:
- Increase knowledge and awareness of workplace psychological health and safety
- Improve the ability to respond to mental health issues at work
- Turn knowledge into action through practical strategies and tools for employers
Visit www.workplacestrategiesformentalhealth.com for access to resources, strategies, tools and information to help understand mental health issues.
Examples of available self-assessment tools:
- Saying When (English Only)
- This is a free downloadable iTunes app developed by the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health that helps you quickly identify your patterns and triggers around alcohol, and develop your own immediate doable goals to change your alcohol consumption.
- Mental Health Meter
- A quiz to help you reflect on your unique strengths, and identify areas where your level of mental fitness could be improved to help you cope with life's ups and downs.
- Well-Being Checklist
- Sometimes when we are struggling, it is hard to step back and get a clear look at how we are doing. Here are questions you can ask yourself to help you get a picture of your situation.